Ruin – the parts of a building that remain after the rest has fallen down or been destroyed.
One of the best known landmarks in Plettenberg Bay on the Garden Route is the Beacon Isle Hotel. Beacon Island is at the mouth of the Piesang River and has a history that goes back to 1771. In that year the first navigational beacon was erected on the island. The original was a square block of stinkwood, inscribed with the latitude and longitude of Plettenberg Bay, and erected to enable mariners to check their location and chronometers. It also gave Beacon Island its name. The wooden beacon was replaced by Captain Sewell with a stone one in 1881 and has been replaced a couple of times over the years. It can be seen in the gardens of the hotel.
Pretoria Old Motors Club was established in 1966. The first POMC – CARS in the PARK was held in 1980 at the POMC Club grounds in Keuning Street Silverton. Nine cars of POMC club members were displayed. From 1982, other clubs were also invited to display their vehicles. By 2005 more than 80 clubs displayed about 2000 vehicles and the POMC grounds became too small to accommodate any further growth. After investigation it was decided to move the event in 2006 to the Zwartkops Race Track.
If you want to take truly memorable and moving photographs, you can learn something by studying the pictures of famous photographers. Some of the most beloved artists are deceased, but some are still delighting us with their photographs. The list below includes some of the more famous photographers that still impact our lives today. 1. […]
- Your Comprehensive Guide to Photography Post-Processing Software
- Woodstock photographer shares what it was like to photograph the 1969 music festival: Digital Photography Review
- How to Use Darktable, the Free Adobe Lightroom Alternative
- 20 Of The Most Iconic Photographs And The Cameras That Captured Them | Bored Panda
- These are the Kennel Club’s Dog Photographer of the Year contest winners: Digital Photography Review