The majestic Voortrekker Monument is situated in the northern part of South Africa in the Pretoria (Tshwane) region in a nature reserve. It is a unique Monument which commemorates the Pioneer history of Southern Africa and the history of the Afrikaner and is situated in a beautiful setting.
The Monument was inaugurated in 1949. It was designed by architect Gerard Moerdijk. In the Hall of Heroes is the world’s longest historical marble frieze. A tapestry with more than three million stitches is housed in the Cenotaph Hall.
Today it is the most visited heritage site of its kind in Gauteng and one of the top ten cultural historical visitor attractions in the country. It is also the only Grade 1 national Heritage Site in Pretoria. The Monument also manages the Blood River Heritage Site.
For years you’ve been saying you’re going to scan all the photos you have in shoeboxes in the basement. Now’s as good a time as any. There are a few smartphone apps that’ll help you with this so you don’t need to pay someone or drag out a scanner to do it, but Photomyne and Google’s recently released PhotoScan are the two top choices.
The Beacon Island Resort at Plettenberg Bay, based along the picturesque Garden Route, is one of the most sought-after holiday destinations in South Africa. Built on a rocky promontory jutting into the warm Indian Ocean, Beacon Island’s idyllic beachfront setting remains unsurpassed.
Photobombed by a seagull! 🙂
How to photograph the moon and tips on moon photography with DSLR – if you own a DSLR or a point and shoot with an optical zoom, I’m sure that every once in a while you see a beautiful moon and you think about taking a picture of it, especially when the moon is full and beautiful. Moon photography with a digital camera.
Source: How to Photograph the Moon
CHARITY EMPOWERING SEMINAR
Marketing & Business Skills Workshop
– Branding You as a Business
– Facebook Fundamentals For Your Business – Interactive Workshop
– Motivational & Inspirational Speakers
For all Marketing & Admin Teams of any NPOs, NGOs, Charities or Small Businesses, to improve the awareness, branding & sales of your cause.
- Your Comprehensive Guide to Photography Post-Processing Software
- Woodstock photographer shares what it was like to photograph the 1969 music festival: Digital Photography Review
- How to Use Darktable, the Free Adobe Lightroom Alternative
- 20 Of The Most Iconic Photographs And The Cameras That Captured Them | Bored Panda
- These are the Kennel Club’s Dog Photographer of the Year contest winners: Digital Photography Review